A mom recently asked me, “How do I support my kids’ creativity versus squelching it by being realistic?” That’s a great question. I find this question is answered differently by different kinds of parents. Here are five things you can do to help your kids be more creative.1
1. Looks for gifts and tap into them.
2. “Foster [their] interests.” Find programs or books that can help them learn more about their interests.
3. “Offer inspiration.” Go to museums, baseball games, or the theater.
4. “Provide encouragement” by complimenting them or posting their work.
5. “Get creative” yourself. Post your parenting questions at our website.
1Based on “5 Ways Parents Can Encourage Creative Talents in Their Kids” by Lori Garcia, Babble.com