1. Do you know that you have sinned (lived your own way instead of God’s way) and that because God is holy and perfect, you can’t have a relationship with Him in your present condition?
2. Do you know God loves you so much that He has provided a way for you to be forgiven of your sins and have a relationship with Him?
3. Do you believe that Jesus, the Son of God, died and rose again to save you from sin?
4. Are you willing to trust Jesus to forgive your sin and free you from the power sin has over you that makes you live for yourself instead of Him?
5. Are you ready to obey Jesus and follow Him as the ruler and Lord of your life?
If you can honestly answer yes to these questions, then talk to Jesus and tell Him you know that only He can save you from sin and that you want to begin a wonderful relationship with Him. Thank Him for what He has done for you, and know that because you trust Him, your sins have been forgiven and you now have a new life with Jesus that starts here on earth and will one day continue in heaven forever. Now that’s good news!
If you can’t answer yes to these questions, we hope you will go back and read the Bible verses on the previous page as well as the ones below. Ask God to help you understand them so you can trust Him to save you from sin and give you a new life with Him.
The Bible says:
There is not one person who is right with God…There is not one who tries to find God. Everyone has turned away from God. They have all done wrong. Not one of them does what is good. No, not even one! (Romans 3:10-12, NLV)
But Christ died for us while we were still sinners, and by this God showed how much he loves us. (Romans 5:8, ERV)
If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9, NLT)
He gave the right and the power to become children of God to those who received Him. He gave this to those who put their trust in His name. (John 1:12, NLV)
Everyone who trusts in the Lord will be saved. (Romans 10:13, ERV)